For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14

Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at and I will include it in the blog.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Day After The Procedure

Last night was not too bad. She slept well on our bed before I moved her into our "cradle". I got up in the middle of the night to nurse her. I did not sleep until 2AM. I had family come in from out of state to stay the night. I was excited to meet my nephew's new wife. She is great! I told them they were MFEO...if you can remember the letter sent to Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle. Yes, I stole that line.

I was happy I remembered I could not put her into bed with me at night to nurse her. I sat in my chair with my boppy. I feel asleep sitting there. Don't worry it is really safe. The boppy and the chair hold the baby in place. I think I only dozed off for a bit. Then I put her in bed and went to lay down in mine. It felt amazing to sleep in my bed. I got up when the hubby was getting ready for work and the other little ones were up. I am very tired, but glad my baby seems to be content in her "cradle".

I am putting her in my room and thankful for the baby monitor to keep her from the children. I am worried they might touch her. They saw her today. My oldest girl said, "Oooohhhh, How sad. Why did they do it like that? How sad. How sad." My son said, "She has blood on her. It will become and owie (scab) then go away and she will be better." The toddler has no idea what just happened, but she has been clinging today. Maybe she missed me yesterday?

She is taking it better than I thought. The "no-nos" on her arms are not bothering her. Her bandage is not too bad and her nose splints are not keeping her from eating OK. She has to take breaths here and there, but she is eating better. I hope my milk supply does not dwindle.

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief that I made it through yesterday. I made sure before we came home we said a prayer of thanksgiving in the car. Then again after we read our scriptures as a family before we went to bed. I said the prayer and the kids wanted to know why I was crying. I told them it was because I was happy. Yes, I am very happy with the results and how amazing my little trooper has handled everything. I am amazed at myself too. My husband? Nothing phases him. He always handles hard times very well.

Now to get back to the daily duties. My house is a wreck and I have more family coming to stay tonight. I'll have to go over my posts from yesterday and even this one to edit them. I had quickly posted them in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment