For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bugs and Beards


My children have become fascinated with bugs....like Daddy. While watching Bug's Life from Pixar, my 3-year-old daughter asks me what the prey mantis is called. "His name is Manny and he is a prey mantis," I answered.

She says, "No, what is that green bug called?"

"He is a prey mantis."

"No, but what is that bug called?"

Round and round we went. I know she wanted to know what the name of the insect was, but when I told her she did not believe it. Lately, my children have come to ask me questions only to second guess me.

My son was drinking grape juice and got a mustache. I told him to go wash off his mustache. He said it was a beard. Round and round we went while I tried to explain the difference in a beard and mustache. Finally, I told him to ask Daddy if he did not believe me. He did.

Why are they doing this to me? Are they secretly enjoying it? Do they think I lie to them? Do they think I don't know a thing? Is it a phase? I just don't know, but I do know this is frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment