For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fairy Tale


What is my favorite fairy tale? And why?

I have always been partial to the Little Mermaid. I can still remember the first time I saw the old (non-Disney) version of this movie at a friend's birthday party. In the end she dies because she loved her prince more than herself. She was willing to sacrifice herself for his happiness.

I loved that version of it and the lesson it taught me regarding the scriptures, specifically the verse...."Greater love hath no man than this..." Later, I introduced the Disney version of it to my niece, who in turn introduced it to my daughter. I remember being a teenager and watching this movie over and over again with my niece (at the time she was 3-years-old). We never tired of watching it. Her mom would come in and say, "You're watching it again!?" I'd just laugh.

In turn she did the same for my little 3-year-old. It was an amazing to see life come full circle. It was as if time did not exist, and isn't this true of any child. What child knows the full extent of time? Now my daughter likes to talk of the day when she can swim in the water and dance with fishes, much like Ariel, much like I did as a little girl long ago playing in my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment