For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What is My Favorite Christmas Movie? Part 2

I just had my children (except baby) watch "It's a Wonderful Life" with me. I told them it was my favorite movie. My son said his favorite was "The Polar Express", which came as no surprise to me since I know of his love for anything with wheels. My 3-year-old daughter said hers was still "The Grinch."

During the movie, they seemed bored and I told them to watch it. My son says, "I did not tell you I wanted to watch this movie. I never said that, did I? Did you hear me say I wanted to watch this movie?" My daughter just parroted him and said, "I did not want to see it."

He starting watching it towards the end and so did my daughter who was sitting in a corner. I asked him what he thought about it. Here was our conversation:

"I think nothing of it," he said.

"Nothing? You did not like it? Would you tell Daddy to watch it? Would you watch it again? What did you think?" I asked.

"No! I told you I think nothing of it. I have nothing to say about it. I don't have questions, words or anything to say about it. I told you I think nothing of it."

"OK." I turned towards my daughter and asked her what she thought of it and all she said was "It's pretty."

So, to my children my favorite movie is "Nothing Pretty." I guess I will just watch it alone for the next few years and maybe when they are older I hope they will like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment