For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Monday, December 20, 2010

My Conversion Story---Blog Challenge

Here's the short version of my story:
I grew up in a Christian home, but had many questions regarding our faith. No one could answer them satisfactorily and I began to wonder if there ever were answers. I got discouraged in this faith and left it. I began to live a life of sin thinking I was going to hell anyway and I wanted to make sure I deserved it if that's where I was going to spend eternity-on fire.

I met a co-worker who was Mormon. He prayed to find someone who wanted to know and there I was an 'instant answer to prayer'. I am grateful he was good enough to heed the promptings of the Spirit, first to pray and then to befriend me. He gave me a Book of Mormon. I took it and put it on my self never intending to read it. He introduced me to my husband. We married, but I emphatically told him to leave the religion talk out of our marriage. I had enough of it and I was not going to join his weird church. Of course, he left it alone, but I could not. After many contentions, started by me (of course) he challenged me to read the Book of Mormon.

I began to read it with him. Had moments of clarity, but continued to be stiff-necked about it. I took the discussions and almost ran the missionaries away. I prayed, read and fasted to know the truth. I finally got my answer in the Mesa Arizona Visitor's Center after a movie. A week or so later I was baptized.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church on this earth today that is lead by Jesus Christ himself. The same Jesus born in the manager, the same Jesus who performed many miracles, the same Jesus Christ, whom the Father said of him "This is my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." The Jesus who suffered our atonement in the Garden Gethsemane and later sealed it with his blood on Calvary's cross, the same Jesus Christ that was resurrected on the 3rd day, and the one that continues to live now-he is the leader, king, ruler or whatever title you wish to give him of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In Jesus' name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment