For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Saturday, January 11, 2014

My First Child's Baptism

Today was my son's baptism. It was such a wonderful day! An amazing day!!! He played a piano duet with his lovely piano teacher. The song she picked was "Love One Another." See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUuexH-3dBo My son and I were very happy because some of my family came to see him get baptized. I'm the first Mormon in my family. There are only two of us. So, this was a big deal for us. My mom, my oldest sister with her family, and my little, but big sister came. None of my brothers could come and I have to be honest...I was VERY bummed out not to have them there with us on this special day. BUT I understand how things happen in life unexpectedly. We had a birthday party for him afterwards. My lovely friend, Heather, came over and asked me if I had a blog. She wanted me to post my decorations on it. So, because I love her dearly, I will break from the norm on my blog and post what I did for my son here. My sweet Visiting Teacher made me this cupcake shirt. I didn't know how to make fondant and this idea came so late to me in the year that I didn't have time to learn how to make this cute tie. I put a plastic 'Future Missionary' tag on it. I had wanted a fondant tag, but it wasn't to be. So, she told me to use this and I gotta say it was a great idea. She is amazing! It was fun watching the children (and adults) pull apart the cup cakes to eat. I also made two chocolate bundt cakes, and put one on top of the other. I frosted them with white and added a little tag just like the one on the wreath above. The wreath I made with two wire hangers. I cut the pieces of paper out of an old phone book with those fancy scissors. Added white spray paint. I did not realize HOW MUCH paint I would need. In hindsight, I would suggest you use coffee filters; then you don't have to worry about the paint. Although I did like how stiff the paint made the paper. It was just more time consuming and a little more cost than I wanted. So, I guess it's up to you on how you want to make it. I took pictures of the entire process as I made it. Let me know if you want me to post them as well. I did the cute little 'Great to be...' powdered donuts in bags. I did the water bottle labels. Mine were a little different. Most I see go all around the bottle. I just glued a label to the front. My sweet niece came over to help me decorate and help me put it all together. I could not have gotten my house ready in time if it wasn't for her and my husband. She had a cute idea to add pictures of our son to some of the water bottles. It was such a cute idea! I have to put aside my nervousness of posting pictures of my kids on-line and just had to share this one with you. I made two name banners with "It's Great to be 8" on either side of his name. My mother-in-law got a cute blue vase with white flowers, and a blue picture frame to put on our table. We put the same picture in it that was in the water labels. This was the same picture I used to make my invites. She made all my food. I could not have done it without her and her fabulous cooking. She is such a GREAT example of service. It was a perfectly, perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment