For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Sunday, March 20, 2011

You Are Being Like Jesus

On Thursday of this past week, I was left alone with the children in the afternoon. My 18-month-old baby was stuck in the crib. I could not pick her up because I am not allowed to pick up anything heavier than the newborn baby for 6 weeks. Yikes! She was trapped, but could not get into trouble-thank goodness! She was content playing and my daughter gave her some water. I had to send her in because I knew if I went in she would want to come out. Then would start to cry and cry for Mommy.

Hooray, for Visiting Teachers! Mine came to the rescue with some KFC. Yes!!!!!! It was yummy. She was only here for an hour, but in that hour she did so much for me. She got the baby out, feed the children, and did some laundry. I was still experiencing pain when I walked around. It felt like all my inside were gonna come out, but I will spare you the rest of the gory details. So, you can see how I was in much need of rescuing. My children were going to starve, well not really, but be hungry until Daddy came home.

As she was sorting laundry, I thought to myself..."This would be a good teaching moment for my children."

So, I asked my children, "What is Sis. [insert name] doing for us?"

My son said, "Service. She is being like Jesus."

Then he went up to her and said, "You are doing service. You are being like Jesus."

She began to cry and said, "You don't know what kind of day I had. This makes my day." My 3-year-old daughter went and gave her a hug while saying, "I lub you."

I can learn so much from this 'wee little hour', but I will leave it to you to find your own meaning. All I will say is...I'm grateful my children are learning the gospel of Jesus Christ in it's fullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment