For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Thursday, March 10, 2011

Waffle


My 3-year-old daughter was on the phone yesterday with my mother. Here's her side of the conversation.

"Abuelita, what is your bird's name (she had a parakeet)? Waffle?! Waffle!? What kind of name is that for a bird!? (at this point she is laughing hysterically) That is crazy. You shouldn't make up a name like that for a bird......Oh, he died. I want to go over to your house. I am going to get on a plane and go to your house and go outside and see your bird. I am going to say, 'Get up bird. What's your name? Is it waffle?' The bird is going to tell me that is not his name and he does not like it. Are you going to get a new bird? What are you going to name him?....Oh, I like blue ones, with red, yellow, gray, blue, red, orange and yellow on them....OK, bye! I love you."

The bird's name was not 'Waffle' but Guapo, which means handsome in Spanish. The weird thing is when she told me his name for the first time I understood it as Waffle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment