For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Belly


My 3-year-old daughter came over to me concerned with a question. She asked, "Mommy, is the baby going to break your tummy?" "What?" I asked. "Is that baby going to break your tummy when she comes out?"

My mind freaked out, but lucky for me I remained calm on the exterior. I did not want to tell her how babies come out because I was thinking of her telling the other children in primary at church...."My Mommy is going to have a baby come out of ...." Ugh! Not something I am willing to have her share even if we all know this is how it is done. It just seems horrible to hear from a little toddler. Call me old-fashioned, but I think not telling her yet was the right thing to do. Plus, I was not sure if my husband would approve of me telling her either. This is a conversation I thought we would be having much later, like when they are 7 or 8. So, I told her not to worry and my belly would be OK. Thankfully, this was enough and she ran off.

No comments:

Post a Comment