For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bad Words

My oldest two were thinking it was funny to say the words: poop and fart. My son even wrote 'poop' in his book. I was not happy about it at all. If you understood how much I love books; then you'd know how upsetting this vandalism was to me. We had to remind them repeatedly of the bad word rule. It took a while to get them to stop saying them, but not soon enough. SJ our 2-year-old started saying 'poop' and laughing. Then we kept hearing....

"Mommy, SJ said a bad word," VJ would yell.

"What word did she say?"

He replied, "I can't say it, but I'll spell it. P-O-O-P. You need to put her in the corner!"

"I'll decide the punishments, thank you very much."


We finally got her to stop. Today they had a dispute. SJ came into the living room grumbling. I asked her what was wrong. She went on to tell me about VJ not letting her play with his Legos, which is what he is suppose to say since she is too little to play with his Legos. She saw she was getting no where and then tried another tactic.

"He is saying bad words," she said.

"Oh no! What did he say?" I asked.

"He said, P-O-X! He needs to go to the corner."

I laughed. All I could think of was Jimmy Stewart in the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' when he was walking with Donna Reed after the dance. When he quoted Shakespeare, "A pox upon me for a clumsy lout." I guess pox could be a bad word depending on how you used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment