For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby at Play

MK is 10-months-old now. She thinks she is big like her siblings. She tried walking last month. Had a nasty fall and is a bit scared to try it again. I'll be honest and say I am glad she is deciding to wait. She is standing up a lot, which makes me think she might fool me and start walking any day now.

It's amazing how the littler ones learn so much from watching the older ones. She is trying to put the big Legos together. She will sit there for a while trying to do this and is holding it the right way. I am guessing it is a coincidence that she is holding the pieces in the right way. Then today at church she got a pen out of my purse. I was going to take it from her, but something said, "Wait. Watch her to see what she does." So, I did. She got a bookmark from out of my scriptures and began to hold the pen with her thumb and fingers. She held it like a seasoned writer. I was amazed. Then she tried to write on my bookmark. Of course, nothing was written since I clicked the pen closed. I watched her for a while to see if I wasn't imagining it. Sure enough she was trying to write. She "played" at writing on the bookmark for....mmmm, I'd say about ten minutes.

I can't wait to see what other things she learns from her siblings. SJ walked faster and talked faster than the other two. Now MK is playing like a big kid. If we have another one, I wonder what amazing things he/she will be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment