For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hair Bows and a 5-year-old Boy

I believe it is time to worry.

The kids were invited to their first 'friend birthday party' and I got my 4-year-old daughter ready. I put her hair up in pig tails, one on each side of her head and braided ribbons into it. Then I looped them under and tied the ribbon around the elastic ball hair tie. She looked so cute and I was admiring her. I was smiling and thinking about the circle of life and how my own mother use to do my hair the same way.

She was happy and asked how she looked, which worried me. I don't want her to be obsessed with her looks or the looks of others. I did this growing up and it caused me much pain. I want to keep her from this and I hope I can even with my lack of knowledge on this subject. What worried me more was when she said, "I hope that "A-" (the birthday boy) notices my hair and thinks I look pretty. Do you think he will?"

I was shocked. She is only four and is thinking this about a boy. What is in store for me when she is a pre-teen or teen? One thing I know is I am going to have to sing "More holiness give me".

No comments:

Post a Comment