For the LOVE of children.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."-Matthew 19:14


Please feel free to share PRIMARY PHUNNYS of the children in your lives by emailing me at primaryphunnys@mail.com and I will include it in the blog.







Monday, August 22, 2011

Cat Scratched Toe

Our cat was sitting on my lap as was my 22-month-old. My son decided to play with his little sister causing the cat to freak out and scratch me on my 2nd left toe. He got me good! His claw went in between my nail and flesh. The wound was deep. It is hurting even now (hours later).

The bleeding was enough to worry my children, but not me. The pain was my concern. My littlest girl (22mo) went to the room and decided to nurse my wound with a baby wipe. Soon after they all joined in with the doctoring. It made me feel worse, but I did not have the heart to tell them to stop. I sat in awe of my sweet little children and the lesson they were teaching me. They were willing to do all they could to help Mommy feel better. They reminded me of the Good Samaritan and brought to me the words of Christ...."be like a little child".

They also decided the cat needed to be punished and told me everything they wanted to do, which consisted of a broom (like the story about the cats fighting over the mice and the woman shooed them out of the house with one)to get him out of the house and wanting to banish him forever. They also scolded him for hurting their Mommy. My children are such good teachers. I only hope I can live up to their perfect example. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment